Saturday, November 15, 2008

Wine progress update.

The peach beer went into the bottle today. It is going to need some charging time and I hope for a good bit of fizz to help it taste more sophisticated.

I checked on all but the plum wine today and I am very excited. Amongst the reds the Cab that was started in March is coming along the best, I guess nine months since it was started is meaningful. Assuming I need to let the others age that long I won't be bottling anything until mid-year 2009!

The Riesling and G are coming along well. The funny taste and aroma are gone. I am awaiting a bit more of a drop in the outdoor temperature so that I can get the acid crystals to drop out. With a little patience and a light back sweetening I think we will have some wonderful wines to drink.

I opened a bottle of the 2007 Amarone last night. This batch went into the bottle in the early spring of 2007 so it has aged almost 18 months. It has come a long way and is very rich and powerful. I couldn't have hoped for a better result.

Cheers!

-- Jason

No comments: