I am also participating in Frosting For A Cause (@Frosting4Cause) to help further raise awareness about the fight against cancer. June 5th is National Cancer Survivor Day and I will be posting my Frosting For A Cause entry that day in honor.
My team is named Survivors Rule! and we are a potent example of what family and friends can do when we band together to fight.
Since 2003 we have
- Raised over $72,000 for The American Cancer Society and the Lance Armstrong Foundation!
- Walked hundreds and hundreds of miles proudly showing we are strong and can beat cancer
- Volunteered to help organize, setup, cleanup and host event activities for 750+ people nearly every year
- Placed as the top fund-raising team at our event 4 of the last 5 years, raising over $10,000 each of those years
- Involved dozens of cancer survivors in a celebration of their brave fight
- Educated hundreds of people of how and how much cancer affects all of us
- Had team members been recognized as individual fund-raising leaders, distance challengers and spirit makers
- Represented our cause to local politicians and business leaders who can see how their support helps from our first hand accounts of living with cancer and giving back
- Also participated in the annual Making Strides Against Cancer one-day events in 3 different locations
- Fought cancer like we meant it!
Please use the link below to donate on-line.
I am going to enjoy my pink frosting challenge and can’t wait to share my creation with you all here and in person with a group of cancer survivors, the honored guests at the Relay For Life. Be sure and come back on or after June 5th to see more of the story.