Saturday, May 21, 2011

Stories from the WineMaker Magazine Conference – Wine-ing on the Weekends

About a week before the 2001 WineMaker Magazine Conference I was checking the tweet stream for the conference hashtag #winemagconf and saw a tweet about an attendee who would be taping podcast segments at the conference. Knowing we were going to be live tweeting and blogging from the conference I replied to @wineonweekends to arrange a meet-up and see how we would help each other promote the event and create some buzz.

I ran into John at his table setup right off the registration area on Friday morning. He was already gearing up to record as many interviews with attendees, sponsors and speakers as he could. We talked a bit about our interests in using social networking and technology to promote wine making and wine appreciation content on the web and our expectations from the conference.

( John interviewing a home winemaker from AZ. )

John invited me to tape a couple segments’ with him about how I got into winemaking and my wine blogging activities for future airing. It was a lot of fun to share my story and can’t wait for them to be posted so I can share them with all of you.

Check out the Wine-ing on the Weekends Podcast web site for more information about casts available and upcoming segments.

Gotta run! My first class is up in 10 minutes and my speaking engagement is on after that. The conference has been a load of fun so far and is capped off with the awards dinner tonight. Wish us luck!

Jason

No comments: