Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Iced Coffee with Espresso Hazelnut Cheesecake Ice Cream

I saw this recipe for Espresso Hazelnut Cheesecake Ice Cream in the Foodbuzz Top 9 today. Check it out at http://www.foodbuzz.com/recipes/2301662-espresso-hazelnut-cheesecake-ice-cream.

At first I was thinking about what kind of wine would go well with this ice cream, but that might not be the right flavors here so I am going to recommend something else.

Iced Coffee.

Ice cream with iced coffee on a hot day? Sounds good to me. I would recommend making a strong coffee (1.5 - 2x normal) and letting it chill well. Pour the coffee and add your favorite cream and sugar combination and mix. Add a few cubes to keep it cool long enough to drink. The flavors in both the iced cream and coffee should meld well. I know there isn't much in the way of contrasting flavors with this pairing, but I do think the hazelnut in the ice cream will make its way to the coffee for a nice treat.

Cheers!

--Jason

No comments: