Thursday, June 3, 2010

#WAWINE Real-time Celebration of Washington Wines

Check out #WAWINE on Twitter and http://www.facebook.com/TasteAndTweet?v=wall on Facebook to check out the Virtual Celebration of Washington Wine.

I just learned about it the day it was to be on and this is what we came up with.

Chateau Ste Michelle Eroica Dr Loosen Riesling 2006 with butter crackers, cream cheese and assorted jams/preserves. As a sommelier in training I wanted to find something that I both had on hand AND helped showcase the wine. We had a tomato, raspberry, apple/maple, apricot and strawberry jams. The raspberry made the wine taste sour, but all the others let the crispness of the wine come through without making it taste at sour.

If it wasn't for the WineMaker Magazine conference I might not have gotten out to WA wine country as soon. The trip was fun, check out my other posts for updates from the trip.

Cheers!

Jason

No comments: