Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Photos from the Malbec Pressing June 5th, 2010

I asked Vincent to come and help me run the press. I had six buckets, about 110 pounds, of Malbec grapes that had been fermenting since the Monday prior. With only about 12 gallons or so of volume expected I was sure setup and cleanup would take longer than the pressing. Everything went smoothly and we ended up with 12 gallons on free run and light pressing and 3 gallons from a heavier press. We actually did a press over of my second run experiment which yielded some more from the Malbec for the whole mix. The gravity after pressing was 1.004. Almost dry and definitely ready for MLF.

Check out the pics on Flickr.

http://bit.ly/9hIPCn

Cheers!

--Jason

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Thanks for sharing! This is fascinating!